Do you have multiple missing, decayed, or damaged teeth? Dentures are one possible option for teeth replacement. If you are only missing one or two teeth, a dental implant or bridge may be an option. But if you need to replace multiple teeth or the majority of your teeth, dentures are a cost effective option.
If you’re considering teeth replacement options, you may be wondering how much dentures cost in Attleboro, Massachusetts. Here’s what you can expect.
Average Cost of Dentures by Level of Quality
Dentures can be divided into 3 categories in terms of the level of quality:
- Low Cost. On the low cost end of the spectrum you can expect to pay somewhere between $300 and $500 per arch, or a total of $600-$1,000 for both top and bottom arches. Low cost dentures are made of lesser quality materials and may not look as natural as the better quality dentures.
- Mid Range. At the next level up, you can expect to pay somewhere between $500 and $1,500 for a single arch and a total of $1,000-$3,000 for a complete set of upper and lower dentures. These are made with better quality materials, so they look more natural and last longer.
- Premium. Premium level dentures typically cost between $2,000 and $4,000 for a single arch and $4,000-$8,000 for a complete set of dentures. These dentures are customizable and look as natural as possible in a prosthetic.
How Are Traditional Dentures Attached?
Traditional dentures are typically attached to the gums via suction or denture adhesives. These are an ongoing additional cost to the initial cost of your dentures. Dentures can also attach to any remaining teeth that are healthy and sturdy enough to support them. One of the drawbacks of traditional dentures is that they can easily slip out of place when you are eating or talking. They can pinch your gums, especially the lower cost dentures. Dentures also fail to maintain your jaw bone, which can gradually weaken and dissolve without the teeth there to support it.
Dental Implant Supported Dentures
The alternative to traditional dentures is dental implant supported dentures. These offer a solution to many of the drawbacks of traditional dentures. Implant supported dentures are held in place with a few dental implants that are placed in your jaw bone. Dental implants are surgically implanted titanium posts that act as anchors for your dentures. The dentures attach the implants for a secure hold that prevents slipping. Implant supported dentures are semi-permanent as they can be removed, but only by your dentist. Another benefit of implant supported dentures is that the implants provide support to your jaw bone to preserve the strength and structure of your jaw.
Average Cost of Implant Supported Dentures
The cost of implant supported dentures varies greatly depending on a variety of factors:
- Type and cost of the implants. Each implant comes at a significant cost. Full size implants cost between $1,500 and $2,500 and mini implants cost between $500 and $1,500.
- The number of implants required. You will likely require 4 implants in each jaw for a total of 8.
- The quality of the dentures. The quality of dentures will range in price according to the above categories.
- Additional treatments. If there are any preparatory procedures needed, such as a bone graft or sinus lift, it will add to the overall cost. These procedures prepare the jaw bone to receive the implants.
Does Dental Insurance Cover Dentures?
It depends on your plan. Some dental insurance plans cover dentures and others don’t. Many plans will cover a percentage or provide a lump sum toward dentures. Talk to your plan provider to determine whether or not your dentures will be covered.
Attleboro Family Dental Care Provides Affordable Dentures
At Attleboro Family Dental Care, we believe that anyone who needs dentures should have a range of options available to them. We will work with your insurance company first to get as much of the cost of your dentures covered as possible. For the remaining balance we accept a variety of payment options from checks to credit cards, including CareCredit financing.