Many people experience anxiety when visiting the dentist office because of previous negative experiences with a dentist, a sensitive mouth, or just the sight of the dental tools frightens you. While you may be so anxious that you even avoid the dentist, avoiding the dentist is not the best answer. In fact, visiting the dentist can help avoid more extensive and expensive complications by seeing a dentist you trust on a regular basis.
Relieving dental anxiety is important because:
- It is far easier and less expensive to treat problems like dental decay and gum disease in their early stages. If you skip dental exams and cleanings, you risk these small issues becoming bigger problems.
- Avoiding the dentist means missing the opportunity to correct aspects of your smile that you don’t like with cosmetic and/or restorative dentistry.
Fortunately, our dentists and caring staff have years of experience in soothing patients’ nerves. We also use advanced dental technology to keep your treatments quick, efficient, and comfortable.
Our Goal is to Keep You Comfortable
We use some of the latest dental technology throughout our practice to ensure that your procedures go smoothly and offer amenities to keep you comfortable.
For example, your treatment may include:
- 3D imaging to make fast and accurate diagnoses and to better plan procedures such as placing dental implants and extracting teeth
- DIAGNOdent cavity detectors to find cavities in their earliest, and easiest-to-treat, stages
- Local anesthesia to numb your mouth
- Blankets to keep you cozy
- Headphones so you can listen to music while we work
Our Experts Will Take Care of You
Our team of dentists includes doctors who completed additional training in their specialties. Thanks to our well-rounded staff, you likely won’t be sent to an outside dentist at an unfamiliar office for your treatment. Our dentists have advanced training in:
- Endodontics: Dr. Monaf Alyassi undergone special training in treating issues related to the soft interior of your teeth. This includes performing root canals to save teeth threatened by infection.
- Periodontics : Dr. Fayez Badlissi specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating gum (periodontal) disease. Gum disease is the leading cause of tooth loss among adults.
Frequently Asked Questions About Dental Anxiety
What helps with dental anxiety?
The best treatment for dental anxiety is going to the dentist. When you come to our office on a regular basis, you’ll become more familiar with our team and more comfortable with your dental treatments. Our staff specializes in treating patients with dental anxiety, which means we’ve helped countless patients just like you get the care they need without stress or fear.
What are some symptoms of dental anxiety?
Most patients with dental anxiety avoid going to the dentist at all costs. When they do make an appointment, they may feel dizzy, nauseated, and have a rapid heartbeat. You may spend the days before your appointment feeling upset and nervous at the thought of it.
Can the dentist give you something for anxiety?
We use local anesthesia to ensure your comfort and because we use state-of-the-art technology at our practice, you might be surprised to find that a procedure you used to dread no longer causes you any anxiety.
Why do I have dental anxiety?
There are many reasons you might have dental anxiety. For some patients, dental phobias are rooted in a fear of pain or a fear of not being in control of a situation. For others, a bad experience with a dentist in the past causes them to feel anxious about all of their dental procedures.